Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Sunday, April 8, 2012

dolls inspired by art

Today Easter Sunday and still feeling a little under the weather with my darn allergies.... instead of enjoying a nice spring day I was stuck inside...well I shouldn't say stuck inside...I love being inside cause I have so much in my studio to keep me busy...So I love mixed media....... and thought why not take my drawings and ideas and sew them into dolls...I know that these type of dolls have been done, and there is so many books out there...but dolls are really big now, and thought why not start making some in my style.......
I taught my art students how to make Ugly dolls that's all the rage....

they  really enjoyed making them so I thought it is my turn..... 
  
here's one of my drawings from Magaly Ohika's online class...
 I so love with her style...
 Free form, Free Flow and free style...                              http://www.theitsybitsyspill.blogspot.com/p/etsy-shop_26.html
so now its my turn to play and have fun making dolls....

I always find inspiration and last night did not disappoint....Love seeing the dolls and drawings of dolls so I tried my hand at making one for me....I took out some of my vintage fabric stash, buttons, trims and all things I love and started to make my little  rag doll....  
 
I have so many vintage trims and fabrics.... what better place to start....

it took some time, but I really enjoyed free motion stitching...the details just like the details when you draw....
 

so here she is....




just love her and that she is totally recycled....

 


here she rests on a folder also made from recycled paper scraps....can you tell I love pattern....

                              what would your doll look like?



3 comments:

  1. Oh - she is so so beautiful. What a great idea to combine drawings, things you already have. Funny, I have some weird little people and was thinking about doing that too, several months ago. Of course, I did not get to it yet. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had so much fun making her want to make more.... almost done with my 2nd today....love using all my old scraps....try it u will love it.....
    feel better friend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura,
    What fun!
    She is too wonderful!
    enJOY a lovely week,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.