Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Art Alliance of Monmouth County Sept Gallery opening 2012

I am so happy my friend Michelle told me about the Art Alliance in Red Bank NJ.  She has been a member for a few years and invited John and I to a show last year.  I was interested and thought "I would love to give this a try...."  Michelle called me this week and told me to get down there, sign up to be a member and bring 3 pieces of your art...so that is what I did.....  This months theme is "What's New" so I took 3 of my pieces and signed up. Tonight was the opening.  I was a little nervous and not sure what to expect..... I must say I am so Happy I became a member, the gallery looked amazing filled with  so many interesting pieces of art, from mixed media, photography, sculpture, paintings, and drawings.  I met so many nice people.

it was fun getting to know new people and people that love art just like myself.  It was funny when we walked into the gallery and saw my piece hanging with my friends Michelle's piece.  They didn't know we were friends and there are pieces were.  Mine is the top picture.

it was nice to see my work hanging in a gallery.....


I made cupcakes for the opening and Michelle grabbed one to eat...and it looked just like the one she had tattooed on her arm.........

love this one of Michelle's..
So Happy Michelle introduced me to the Art Alliance.....


can't wait for the next months challenge......


2 comments:

  1. These are so, so pretty! Also, Michelle has gorgeous tattoos. I hope you tell her for me! I love the bright colors in both of your pieces (and I'm really digging that purple eyeshadowed eye in the vicinity as well)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you, and really loving your blog. I'm your newest follower. It's so nice to meet you!
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.