Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Learning a NEW craft.....................

I had a very interesting day at work today...I am a middle school art teacher and had the pleasure of learning a new craft......from a young paper artist from China who came to share his craft with my art students.  His name is Li Wong and he is 23 years old and has been traveling around sharing his amazing talent with the students in our district and also near by towns.  He taught all 5 of my classes today and the students and I were amazed at how easy he made this unique craft look.


He gave us some information about the history of the art, and shared some of his beautiful work.
He talked to us about the special paper that he uses and that  all Chinese paper cutting is done on a special red paper, that feels a bit like fabric.  He said that they use red paper because it is the color for good luck.

I was so proud of  my students who listened so well an enjoyed learning a new art form.....

It was amazing how quick Mr Li could cut a piece of art like this....only a few minutes from start to finish.

He taught each class a  different pattern.

We learned so much and we were so happy to have such a talented young man come to teach us for a day....


Mr Li said that he learned how to paper cut from his Grandma when he was 6 yeas old and that for the last 17 years he as been practicing......


well we were impressed!!!

I shared some of my papers with Mr Li, and of course it had to be PINK.....

this group of students learned  paper snowflakes, and as you can see they were not a bit shy in front of the camera, I could barely find Mr. Li....... 

Mr Li was so kind, and so talented and kept giving me all his lovely samples...I was a Happy gal...He noticed a purple glitter owl I had sitting on my desk and I offered it to him in return for all my paper gifts and he was a Happy guy.

 Happy to meet such a talented young artist and so happy he came to visit with me for the day.  I have a new found art form that I can't wait to get started on....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.