Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Holiday Cereal Box.................

I have been very busy playing............with art as usual..........I decided to make a canvas out of a cereal box.....I learned this technique from an online class I am taking called "21 secrets"
the teacher is Alma Stoller......just LOVE her...so creative.............I was inspired by her work and wanted to try my own cereal box canvas......
I grabbed an empty cereal box, some decoupage an a old book....

an got busy covering the box.........


when dry I applied some white paint and some of my favorite colors......

wasn't sure what I was going to paint but just knew I wanted it to be bright and cheerful for the holidays.....

I think when you just paint and really don't plan it out the magic begins.........

as I was painting I decided that this will be a gift for a dear friend........

so I wanted to make it special ..............

I love to paint and when dry outline with my sharpies......
I used paint, markers, glitter, and sharpies to fill all sides of the box.........
 
I loved playing with this project and can tell that I will be making many more of these canvas.....

thanks Alma for a fantastic idea......

my students watched  me making the canvas in class and they were so interested .....and they wanted to learn this technique.....I am always trying to teach them the importance of  recycling and how to use it with their art......... so this is the perfect project .....

I love that this project is made from recycled items...a little paint and creativity...
             
                               HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,

    These look great! Thank you for sharing and keep it up.

    Alma

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.