Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Getting ready for summer art and craft shows.....


Well summer is here and time to start getting ready for a busy summer of teaching some art classes and getting back into entering some art and craft shows.....I am very excited and busy getting ready... I am lucky I have a great Hubby who helps me in so many ways.....

here is John helping out with some painting......
I found these suitcases at a thrift shop all 3 for $5.99...couldn't believe it so home they came.....decided to spruce them up to help store all my goodies for the shows.....
I gave them a quick cleaning and then a coat of some nice pink paint....

then I just started playing and playing........it was a nice father's day and we were relaxing at home today...

so I set up my studio on my back porch, under the umbrella with some music playing and a few good drinks and I was set....

I had such a relaxing and productive day.... my hubby watched his sports and I played with paint....

this is the start of the smaller suitcase, and I thought  I would add a beach theme to this one.....

always loved painting beach themed pictures......my Mom and Dad live in Florida and I just love it there...... so I was dreaming of sitting on the beach down in Florida.....

first I paint the background then move onto the objects, then I love to outline with sharpie markers......

I could paint all day..............I started painting when I was very young.....my Mom and Dad sent me to all kinds of art classes and painting is my true love.....

and after some rotator cuff surgery last year and many months of physical therapy it is so nice to be painting like I use to....last summer it was not looking so good and I am so happy to have my  arm back to normal....

here is the 2 suitcases I finished today.....the large suitcase is next.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.