Vintage2Glam is my idea of reusing vintage goodies, and turning them into something Glam. I love taking vintage finds, and make them modern with wonderful colors and a vintage twist..... love to incorporate them into my own vintage inspired art an accessories. Pleased to say that my jewelry was worn my Ellen Burstyn in the movie "GRETA" starring Ellen and Hillary Duff filmed in historical town of Ocean Grove N.J.

Monday, June 3, 2013

What an art filled weekend!!!!!


Wow! what a weekend.....

Started off Friday with the set up at the Rumson Free Oceanic Library with my Jewelry displays....Show and sale runs the month of June and 20% of the sales goes to the Library.....
I hope I sell a lot, so I can help out the Library..... 
Saturday morning we got to the Giant  Flea market bright and early....

this is a great Flea.... you never know what you will find......and these cupies were certainly cute.....

there is so much visual stimulation.....

this sign cracked me up...thought it would funny to have standing outside my classroom to slow my students down.....but I had to pass on it....

a darling table and chair set......

love this vendor....so sweet..... I she her all the time at the Brimfield markets...... Love how she displays her silverware..


everyone was commenting on this sign......
 
there is this glass man at the flea every year...he has the best glass vases...and they are so colorful.....

had such a nice time with my hubby and my dear  friend Desi.. We met in college and are so similar in so many ways, besides having the same birthdays.......

more from the glass man......

LOVE seeing this  house with the huge American flag!!!!

what a gorgeous day.......

I love that Ocean Grove has  wild roses growing along the beach dunes....

happy to see that they survived Hurricane Sandy...
 
I saw so many beautiful flowers during the day as we were walking around town.....

I think my hubby is sick of me stopping to snap so many pictures.....

I can't help myself when I see such beauty!!!

its amazing that the flowers bloom so nicely down by the ocean breezes...

the lots are not so big in Ocean Grove but I love how they fill up every little corner.......

not sure what type of flower this is but it sure is pretty.....

here is my finds for the day..... an adorable little chair, perfect for my jewelry displays for the shows, as well as the china hand

 LOVE these vintage cake and cupcake toppers...can't wait to get baking.....

I have been on the hunt for another mannequin......and was so excited to find these paper mache ones ready for me to doll up!

wanted to get a bite for lunch and we always love to take a walk to Asbury Park...we love walking through the old arcade...just love the structure and graphics of this old building.......

some rum buckets were in order and let me tell you they are quite tasty....

it was so nice to see that the shore was jumpin......It was hard to believe that it was June 1st.....seemed like it was the middle of the summer with all the people enjoying the board walk and beaches......

next stop was the Art Alliance of Red bank.....this months challenges were Sea Life and draw a bunny.....I drew a bunny and then had several of my art students draw a bunny on a 4"x4" piece paper.....that's  our 2entries on the black boards......

this is my "Bubbles" entry for Sea Life......

some more bunnies....

bottom piece my friend Mary's Sea Horse.....



 I think I need to rest up from my busy  weekend......ha ha ha just kidding.....


I must say I had an Art filled weekend and so Happy that it was a beautiful weekend weather wise...I keep thinking of the tornadoes in Oklahoma.....sending prayers to all of the people that were effected from those awful storms......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.